Our goal is to make clean power accessible, to accelerate the shift to zero carbon power and transport.
We’re building and operating the world’s most sophisticated battery systems to enable the uptake of more renewable power and accelerating fleet electrification, de-risking the transition to zero-emission transport at scale. We’ve been consistently innovative since we were founded in 2017, achieving major industry firsts and using proprietary software and data analysis to optimise operational performance for our customers. At the end of their life, we repurpose electric vehicle batteries to provide clean power at depots, on construction sites and film sets.
Today we have 430 MW of grid scale battery storage operational and under construction and are the largest owner and operator of EV buses in the UK, Australia and New Zealand, supporting over 1,000 electric vehicles worldwide. In our first five years we have raised nearly £1.8 billion in funding and have expanded into other markets such as the US. Our rapidly growing company is looking for highly talented and motivated people to join us.
We're offering an exciting opportunity for electrical engineering graduates or individuals with technical qualifications such as an HNC or HND, who are proficient in AutoCAD.
We're seeking an associate to support our Technical Sales division. The role involves working as part of the Technical Sales team, leading early project development from both sales and engineering perspectives, and contributing to the growth of our EV fleet projects.
The candidate will be responsible for producing AutoCAD drawings, site plans, and SLDs for the wider team. Other responsibilities include assisting with surveys, cost estimation, and developing client relationships.
In our rapidly growing company, you'll have the chance to collaborate across the business, enhance your skill set, and shape your own career progression.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Produce high-quality AutoCAD drawings, site plans, and electrical SLDs to support the broader team's objectives.
- Visit current and prospective sites to carry out surveys and develop strong relationships with the client, build confidence and evaluate the work required.
- Assist with creating initial project designs during the bidding phase highlighting any engineering difficulties.
- Liaise with Distribution Network Operators (DNO’s) by applying for capacity increases.
- Assist with creating project estimates and understand the selection and application of High Voltage (HV) and Low Voltage (LV) equipment.
- Support the Business Development (BD) Team with commercial proposals and technical documentation.
- Provide technical support when presenting to clients.
- Assist in the engineering technical solutions to overcome potential issues.
- Liaise with equipment manufacturers to better understand products coming to market.
- Provide cable calculations using Trimble.
- Help prepare Request for Quote (RfQ) documentation.
- Work closely with the Delivery Team to ensure a smooth handover of all information from sales through to construction.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We realise that certain groups of people are less likely to apply for a role if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. To be absolutely clear: if you like the look of this job and think you could do it well, we encourage you to apply with a CV that highlights your transferable skills and experience. Above all, Zenobē is looking for collaborative, flexible, empathetic people who are interested in creating and promoting practical routes to a zero carbon world.
- Bachelor’s degree, HNC, HND or similar in Electrical Engineering
- Proficient working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of civil engineering
- A solid team player with a collaborative and consultative approach
- Pragmatic, proactive and solution driven
- Able to thrive in a very fast-paced environment with large amounts of responsibility
- Excellent organisational skills, able to multi-task, meet deadlines and juggle competing demands
- Attention to detail and able to produce work of consistently high quality
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
WORKING AT ZENOBE
We’re passionate about sustainability and are proud to offer Team Zenobē a pioneering and collaborative working environment. We encourage our people to take ownership of their career progression and celebrate those that can think outside the box.
If you’d like to join our community of likeminded people hit the apply button now, we’d love to hear from you!
WHAT WE OFFER
Charge your career at Zenobē and receive
- Up to 20% annual bonus for being awesome
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance, for you and the family
- £1500 training budget per year, to ensure you grow as we do
- EV Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Pension scheme, up to 8% matched contributions
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cash back health plan
- Plus more
Lots of our people work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexitime and hybrid working. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but please talk to us about the flexibility you need and let’s see how we can make it work.
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our people are our strongest asset and the key determinant of our success, and we value a range of skillsets and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. We work to provide equal opportunities and an inclusive work environment, where everyone is fairly treated in the application process and through their career at Zenobē. If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Zenobē, please let us know when you apply.