Our goal is to make clean power accessible, to accelerate the shift to zero carbon power and transport.
We’re transforming grids to enable the take up of more renewables, electrifying fleets for cleaner air, repurposing electric vehicle batteries for clean portable power and using proprietary software and data analysis to optimise operational performance for our customers.
We have 225 MW of operational and under construction grid scale battery capacity and over 30% of the UK’s EV buses, and are expanding our operations in Australia, New Zealand, US and Europe. We’re a rapidly growing company looking for talented people to join us.
The Contracts and Commercial Manager role sits in the Asset Management team which manages Zenobe’s electric vehicles, portable power and network infrastructure assets from operational readiness through to end of asset life.
As a key member of the asset management team you will be accountable to the Director of Asset Management for contract management, commercial risk management, financial management, mid-life capex planning and operation and maintenance performance measurement and reporting.
The role holder will be encouraged to help improve business processes and implement systems to enhance efficiencies within Zenobe.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Ensure operations have a thorough understanding of the terms of the contract
- Warranty management
- Sub-contract management
- Invoicing customer chargeable spares and repairs
Commercial Risk Management
- Business development
- Gathering actual operation and maintenance costs
- Business continuity planning
- Site rent
- Site insurance
- Electricity cost billing/ power purchase agreements
Mid-life capex planning
- Analysis of asset performance data to assess the most economic time for asset replacement eg batteries on buses
- Work with the Operation and Maintenance managers to implement the mid-life capex programme and rotate or substitute assets in the fleet to meet accounting requirements.
Operation and maintenance performance measurement and reporting
- Work with the PMO to produce the operation and maintenance monthly balanced scorecards for EV and NI projects
- Produce the monthly Board report for the Asset Management function
- Bank reporting
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We realise that certain groups of people are less likely to apply for a role if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. To be absolutely clear: if you like the look of this job and think you could do it well, we encourage you to apply with a CV that highlights your transferable skills and experience. Above all, Zenobē is looking for collaborative, flexible, empathetic people who are interested in creating and promoting practical routes to a zero carbon world.
- Senior level contract management experience in an asset intensive industry
- Ability to read through contracts and quickly pick out key information and then to present the information to others in a clear, concise way.
- Experience in the energy industry is preferable
- Experience in performance managing sub-contractors and suppliers, ideally including warranty management.
- Experience in working with clients to recover costs.
- Experience of being part of the business development process in order to mitigate commercial risk.eg ability to carry out commercial risk assessments using a probability-based approach.
- Experience in mitigating commercial risk in an operating environment eg business continuity planning
- A keen commercial mind which seeks the optimum financial position for Zenobe eg site insurance.
- Experience gathering and analysing operation and maintenance information.
- Experience in mid-life capex planning and implementation
- Experience in reporting operation and maintenance performance information to senior managers and the Board. Ideally also experience in reporting to banks.
WORKING AT ZENOBE
We’re passionate about sustainability and are proud to offer Team Zenobē a pioneering and collaborative working environment. We encourage our people to take ownership of their career progression and celebrate those that can think outside the box.
If you’d like to join our community of likeminded people hit the apply button now, we’d love to hear from you!
WHAT WE OFFER
Charge your career at Zenobē and receive
- Up to 20% annual bonus for being awesome
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance, for you and the family
- £1500 training budget per year, to ensure you grow as we do
- EV Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Plus more
Lots of our people work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexitime and hybrid working. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but please talk to us about the flexibility you need and let’s see how we can make it work.
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our people are our strongest asset and the key determinant of our success, and we value a range of skillsets and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. We work to provide equal opportunities and an inclusive work environment, where everyone is fairly treated in the application process and through their career at Zenobē. If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Zenobē, please let us know when you apply.