Our goal is to make clean power accessible, to accelerate the shift to zero carbon power and transport.
We’re building and operating the world’s most sophisticated battery systems to enable the uptake of more renewable power and accelerating fleet electrification, de-risking the transition to zero-emission transport at scale. We’ve been consistently innovative since we were founded in 2017, achieving major industry firsts and using proprietary software and data analysis to optimise operational performance for our customers. At the end of their life, we repurpose electric vehicle batteries to provide clean power at depots, on construction sites and film sets.
Today we have 430 MW of grid scale battery storage operational and under construction and are the largest owner and operator of EV buses in the UK, Australia and New Zealand, supporting over 1,000 electric vehicles worldwide. In our first five years we have raised nearly £1.8 billion in funding and have expanded into other markets such as the US. Our rapidly growing company is looking for highly talented and motivated people to join us.
We are looking for a NetOps Engineer who possesses a deep understanding of
network technologies, encompassing routing, switching, security solutions, DNS,
load balancers, and automation. In this role, you will be responsible for a
wide range of network-related tasks, including network design, troubleshooting,
incident management, and network changes. Your expertise in network security
protocols, firewalls, and intrusion detection/prevention systems will be
essential in maintaining the integrity, availability, performance, and capacity
of our networking infrastructure. You will also play a crucial role in
mentoring junior team members, ensuring compliance with company policies, and
contributing to the enhancement of our network's reliability. Additionally, experience
with MikroTik hardware, AWS, network automation, and capacity planning is
highly desirable but not essential for this role. If you have a self-driven
work ethic, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to uphold
rigorous standards for network integrity, we invite you to join our team.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Network design, specification, and configuration.
- Troubleshooting network problems, acting as 2nd-line support for all network-related issues.
- React and resolve operational issues, reporting issues and resolutions to the Ops management team or other relevant departments.
- Work occasional unsociable hours when maintaining systems or responding to incidents.
- Develop and manage instructions for subcontractors undertaking both physical installation and remote support.
- Managing network changes in accordance with any required change management process.
- Focus on completing tasks to maintain integrity, availability, performance and capacity management of the networking infrastructure.
- Manage escalated Incidents and Problems from the Live Service through to resolution.
- Document and configure the management of networking infrastructure.
- Follow our site completion checklist to ensure a smooth handover process to our Operations Team.
- Assist in overseeing and handling the technical facets of site enhancement projects and upgrades, which may involve conducting surveys as necessary.
- Provide technical assistance for scheduled maintenance activities, including updates, upgrades, and device modifications.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We realise that certain groups of people are less likely to apply for a role if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. To be absolutely clear: if you like the look of this job and think you could do it well, we encourage you to apply with a CV that highlights your transferable skills and experience. Above all, Zenobē is looking for collaborative, flexible, empathetic people who are interested in creating and promoting practical routes to a zero carbon world.
- Demonstrated expertise in network technologies, including network routing/switching, security solutions, DNS, load balancers, and automation.
- Strong knowledge of network security protocols, firewalls, and intrusion detection/prevention systems.
- Proven track record in fault finding across various network mediums, such as Copper, Fibre, LTE, Wireless, and site-to-site connectivity.
- Extensive experience in network troubleshooting and incident management.
- Hands-on experience with installing various network equipment and performing maintenance.
- Proficiency in Linux systems, including server administration and network-related tasks.
- A commitment to complying with and enforcing company policies, particularly ISO9001, ISO14001, and ISO27001.
- Providing training to junior team members along with mentorship.
- Familiarity with network latency monitoring, element management systems, event correlation, and Network performance management tools.
- A steadfast dedication to upholding uncompromising standards for network integrity.
- A self-driven work ethic, capable of delivering results with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in communication, both verbally and in written form.
- Competency in reading and annotating schematics, Single Line Diagrams (SLDs), and a sound understanding of Network Topology
Desirable but non-essential skills:
- Experience with MikroTik hardware and Cloud Hosted Routers.
- MikroTik Certificate MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCSWE.
- Possession of a CCNA/Network+ qualification.
- AWS experience.
- Knowledge and experience related to cabling and physical network infrastructure.
- Proven ability to manage subcontractors effectively.
- Familiarity with cellular networks and the configuration of LTE devices.
- Knowledge of RAMS, PTW, and up-to-date Health and safety legislation.
- Proficiency in network automation tools and scripting languages (e.g., Python, Ansible).
- Experience in capacity planning to ensure network scalability and performance.
WORKING AT ZENOBE
We’re passionate about sustainability and are proud to offer Team Zenobē a pioneering and collaborative working environment. We encourage our people to take ownership of their career progression and celebrate those that can think outside the box.
If you’d like to join our community of likeminded people hit the apply button now, we’d love to hear from you!
WHAT WE OFFER
Charge your career at Zenobē and receive
- Up to 20% annual bonus for being awesome
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance, for you and the family
- £1500 training budget per year, to ensure you grow as we do
- EV Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Pension scheme, up to 8% matched contributions
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cash back health plan
- Plus more
Lots of our people work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexitime and hybrid working. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but please talk to us about the flexibility you need and let’s see how we can make it work.
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our people are our strongest asset and the key determinant of our success, and we value a range of skillsets and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. We work to provide equal opportunities and an inclusive work environment, where everyone is fairly treated in the application process and through their career at Zenobē. If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Zenobē, please let us know when you apply.