Our goal is to make clean power accessible, to accelerate the shift to zero carbon power and transport.
We’re building and operating the world’s most sophisticated battery systems to enable the take up of more renewable power, electrifying fleets for cleaner air, repurposing electric vehicle batteries for clean portable power and creating proprietary software and data analysis to optimise operational performance for our customers.
Today we have 425 MW of operational and under construction grid scale battery capacity and are the largest owner and operator of EV buses in the UK, Australia and New Zealand. Zenobe is expanding into other markets such as the USA. In our first five years we have raised nearly £1billion in funding and our rapidly growing company is looking for highly talented and motivated people to join us.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Site Agent to apply their skills to the delivery of turnkey HV/LV electrical vehicle infrastructure construction projects.
The role will report into Head of Projects - EV and will work closely with the Delivery Projects Team, Technical Sales, Product, Operations and client teams.
Successful candidates will be able to quickly establish themselves as the single POC
for all site works whilst working with and monitoring the principal contractor & other subcontractors construction activities to achieve the required project delivery objectives, standards of quality and maintaining health and safety, quality & environmental requirements.
They will work closely with the senior PM or PM to monitor and maintain client relations and ensure project measures of success are met.
This role will be 100% site based, possibly split between multiple sites around the UK, this is an ideal position for someone who has had hands on experience within the construction sector and developed throughout their career whilst still having the ability to get hands on and understand the 360 input required on site.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Assume overall responsibility for the successful delivery of the project on site.
- Monitor the Principal contractor (PC) and other contractors to ensure they work safely and without environmental incidents and IAW CDM 2015 and all relevant HS&E policies
- Inspect & monitor all aspects of construction work on a day-to-day basis / as needed
- Escalate defects and non-conformances
- Monitor the PC and other contractors to ensure the implementation of Project Plans, RAMS, ITP’s, waste management plans and the like IAW Zenobe and legislative requirements
- Keep detailed records of work, issues and activities on site
- Work with the SPM/PM to produce progress reports & lookaheads
- Monitor for change control.
- Problem solving & facilitation
- Client interfacing
- Multi-site attendance around the UK
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- Relevant experience of delivering (electrical) infrastructure construction projects
- Hands on experience and ability to interpret civil, mechanical and electrical engineering/drawings and standards
- Excellent knowledge of CDM2015, H&S and Environmental regulations, design and construction, Quality standards and industry best practice,
- Relevant H&S training (CSCS, SMSTS or similar)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Commercial & contract experienced (NEC3/4, JCT, FIDIC and the like)
- Pragmatic, proactive and solution driven
- Ability to work under pressure
- A desire to work in the renewable energy and green energy sector
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in English is essential
- Ability to be flexible with working locations around the UK
- Previous experience in a client-facing role
- Full UK Driving License
Desirable but non-essential skills:
- Previous experience working with electric vehicle charging infrastructure or similar
- Experience delivering HV/LV networks in a hands on capacity
- Experience with managing DNO/iDNO /ICP
- Project management
WHAT WE OFFER
Charge your career at Zenobē and receive
- Up to 20% annual bonus for being awesome
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance, for you and the family
- £1500 training budget per year, to ensure you grow as we do
- EV Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Pension scheme, up to 8% matched contributions
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cash back health plan
- Plus more
Lots of our people work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexitime and hybrid working. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but please talk to us about the flexibility you need and let’s see how we can make it work.
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our people are our strongest asset and the key determinant of our success, and we value a range of skillsets and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. We work to provide equal opportunities and an inclusive work environment, where everyone is fairly treated in the application process and through their career at Zenobē. If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Zenobē, please let us know when you apply.