Our goal is to make clean power accessible, to accelerate the shift to zero carbon power and transport.
We’re building and operating the world’s most sophisticated battery systems to enable the uptake of more renewable power and accelerating fleet electrification, de-risking the transition to zero-emission transport at scale. We’ve been consistently innovative since we were founded in 2017, achieving major industry firsts and using proprietary software and data analysis to optimise operational performance for our customers. At the end of their life, we repurpose electric vehicle batteries to provide clean power at depots, on construction sites and film sets.
Today we have 430 MW of grid scale battery storage operational and under construction and are the largest owner and operator of EV buses in the UK, Australia and New Zealand, supporting over 1,000 electric vehicles worldwide. In our first five years we have raised nearly £1.8 billion in funding and have expanded into other markets such as the US. Our rapidly growing company is looking for highly talented and motivated people to join us.
We are looking for a Corporate Finance professional to support the continued development of the company. The focus of the candidate will be to support Management in reviewing, analysing, structuring and executing across group financing and strategy, investment and M&A activities, structuring and approvals of investments, overall transaction management and non-recourse debt financing of investments.
This is a unique opportunity to work within an experienced and entrepreneurial Corporate Finance team outside of a typical banking or advisory context. In this role, you could continue to build the same technical skillset whilst being directly involved with one of the fastest growing and interesting sectors globally, acting in a principal role with broad commercial exposure.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Asset finance debt raising for EV Fleet projects both UK & Internationally
- Project finance debt raising for Battery Energy Storage projects both UK & Internationally
- Portfolio level debt and equity raising, and other capital stack optimisation
- Activities related to portfolio level M&A including the acquisition of startup companies to build our commercial proposition, as well as greenfield and brownfield infrastructure assets
- Investment Committee process support, including paper preparation and screening
- Loan monitoring & reporting / KPI reporting (working with our Finance team)
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We realise that certain groups of people are less likely to apply for a role if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. To be absolutely clear: if you like the look of this job and think you could do it well, we encourage you to apply with a CV that highlights your transferable skills and experience. Above all, Zenobē is looking for collaborative, flexible, empathetic people who are interested in creating and promoting practical routes to a zero carbon world.
- A genuine passion for finance
- A true interest in Clean Energy & Sustainability
- Preferably, part-qualified in either of the following – ACA, ACCA, CFA
- Eager to learn about the wider Corporate Finance function in a fast-paced growth environment
- A quantitative / analytical mindset
- A desire to work for a start-up/ scale up business with the ability to have an agile approach, curious mind, personal resilience and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A pro-active self-starter
- Fluency in English is mandatory
WORKING AT ZENOBE
We’re passionate about sustainability and are proud to offer Team Zenobē a pioneering and collaborative working environment. We encourage our people to take ownership of their career progression and celebrate those that can think outside the box.
If you’d like to join our community of likeminded people hit the apply button now, we’d love to hear from you!
WHAT WE OFFER
Charge your career at Zenobē and receive
- Up to 20% annual bonus for being awesome
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance, for you and the family
- £1500 training budget per year, to ensure you grow as we do
- EV Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Pension scheme, up to 8% matched contributions
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cash back health plan
- Plus more
Lots of our people work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexitime and hybrid working. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but please talk to us about the flexibility you need and let’s see how we can make it work.
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our people are our strongest asset and the key determinant of our success, and we value a range of skillsets and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. We work to provide equal opportunities and an inclusive work environment, where everyone is fairly treated in the application process and through their career at Zenobē. If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Zenobē, please let us know when you apply.