Our goal is to make clean power accessible, to accelerate the shift to zero carbon power and transport.
We’re building and operating the world’s most sophisticated battery systems to enable the take up of more renewable power, electrifying fleets for cleaner air, repurposing electric vehicle batteries for clean portable power and creating proprietary software and data analysis to optimise operational performance for our customers.
Today we have 425 MW of operational and under construction grid scale battery capacity and are the largest owner and operator of EV buses in the UK, Australia and New Zealand. Zenobē is expanding into other markets such as the USA. In our first five years we have raised nearly £1billion in funding and our rapidly growing company is looking for highly talented and motivated people to join us.
As the business continues to scale, we are looking for an experienced Associate Legal Counsel to join the Team on a permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work closely with the Senior Legal team to accelerate their growth. You will play a key role in the team supporting and leading on specified matters in a fast-paced, ever evolving environment. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual to join a growing organisation and legal team.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Lead across a broad range of work from a legal stance working closely with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Confidently manage general commercial legal related aspects of the business
- Lead on project finance/M&A/commercial matters
- Negotiation of a wide range of commercial contracts such as NDAs, LOIs, Operation & Maintenance agreements and service agreements
- Providing advice to internal and external stakeholders on key issues that may impact the business and operations – e.g. corporate governance, regulatory matters, data protection issues
- Support General Counsel when required
- General day to day advice on key risk and legal issues
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We realise that certain groups of people are less likely to apply for a role if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. To be absolutely clear: if you like the look of this job and think you could do it well, we encourage you to apply with a CV that highlights your transferable skills and experience. Above all, Zenobē is looking for collaborative, flexible, empathetic people who are interested in creating and promoting practical routes to a zero carbon world.
- At least 3 to 4 years PQE having trained and qualified at a good regional, national or international law firm
- Strong project finance and/or M&A experience
- An understanding of project finance/ financing documents
- Experienced contract negotiator with commercial awareness
- Excellent legal drafting skills
- Sound commercial judgment with an ability to prioritise effectively
- An understanding of the energy regulatory environment and experience in the energy sector would be a strong advantage
- Able to establish rapport and build strong trust-based relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to thrive in a very fast-paced environment with large amounts of responsibility and ownership
- Excellent organisational skills, able to multi-task, meet deadlines and juggle competing demands
- Attention to detail and able to produce work of consistently high quality
- A strong team player able to work on own initiative
WORKING AT ZENOBE
We’re passionate about sustainability and are proud to offer Team Zenobē a pioneering and collaborative working environment. We encourage our people to take ownership of their career progression and celebrate those that can think outside the box.
If you’d like to join our community of likeminded people hit the apply button now, we’d love to hear from you!
WHAT WE OFFER
Charge your career at Zenobē and receive
- Up to 20% annual bonus for being awesome
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance, for you and the family
- £1500 training budget per year, to ensure you grow as we do
- EV Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Pension scheme, up to 8% matched contributions
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cash back health plan
- Plus more
Lots of our people work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexitime and hybrid working. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but please talk to us about the flexibility you need and let’s see how we can make it work.
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our people are our strongest asset and the key determinant of our success, and we value a range of skillsets and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. We work to provide equal opportunities and an inclusive work environment, where everyone is fairly treated in the application process and through their career at Zenobē. If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Zenobē, please let us know when you apply.