Our goal is to make clean power accessible, to accelerate the shift to zero carbon power and transport.
We’re building and operating the world’s most sophisticated battery systems to enable the take up of more renewable power, electrifying fleets for cleaner air, repurposing electric vehicle batteries for clean portable power and creating proprietary software and data analysis to optimise operational performance for our customers.
Today we have 425 MW of operational and under construction grid scale battery capacity and are the largest owner and operator of EV buses in the UK, Australia and New Zealand. Zenobē is expanding into other markets such as the USA. In our first five years we have raised nearly £1billion in funding and our rapidly growing company is looking for highly talented and motivated people to join us.
Zenobē is looking for a proactive and driven Field Electrician to join the Operations team on a 6-9 month FTC, specifically focusing on our Bus Depot EVC infrastructure within the business. This role would be appealing to an experienced Electrician with exposure managing site activities. In this role you will be expected to work closely with the Operations management team to carry out site supervision, audits, and spot checks for planned and reactive maintenance on our assets, assist on site handovers and snagging of new sites with our Construction team and spend time working from home/office to manage maintenance administration tasks and keep on top of reporting. You will be expected to be competent with self-management and contribute to improve current processes and procedures. Please note, this role involves a high level of travel and time away from home. The candidate should be willing to learn and develop their knowledge in the EVC/EV industry and attend relevant courses when required.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Attend Sites around the country to carry out site management activities and audits.
- Manage and complete site remedials and system upgrade works including inspection and testing elements.
- React and resolve operational issues, reporting issues and resolutions to the Ops management team.
- Visit sites around the UK and Carry out safety and equipment site audits.
- Support internal and external team with Fault finding on LV and Data network Systems.
- Assist with the commissioning of Chargers and software/firmware site support.
- Contribute to the development of in-house documentation on operating and troubleshooting products.
- Deliver training to customers operating products. (EVC)
- Manage on site handovers from our construction teams, including site snagging and electrical compliance.
- Support Zenobē management teams with complex issues and fault finding/diagnosis.
- Work with Zenobē operations team and other internal teams to develop and streamline current processes.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We realise that certain groups of people are less likely to apply for a role if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. To be absolutely clear: if you like the look of this job and think you could do it well, we encourage you to apply with a CV that highlights your transferable skills and experience. Above all, Zenobē is looking for collaborative, flexible, empathetic people who are interested in creating and promoting practical routes to a zero carbon world.
- Competent Electrician with Commercial and Industrial experience working safely on Low Voltage Electrical Systems
- EV AC and DC charger experience would be highly beneficial, but not essential as full training will be given.
- City and Guilds Level 2 & 3 in Electrical Installations
- Experience carrying out site safety and Contractor Audits
- Competent with reading and redlining schematics, SLDs etc
- In date ECS Gold Card – desirable
- IET 18th Edition Wiring Regulation
- Knowledge and experience working with RAMS, PTW and latest Health & Safety legislation
- Experience working on data networking infrastructure
- Up to date with BS7671 certification to at least 18th edition
- City & Guilds 2919-01 Level 3 EV Charging Course – desirable
- Inspection and testing qualified – 2391,2394/2395 or similar
- A basic understanding of HV infrastructure
- Proven track record of technical documentation management
- You can communicate effectively and credibly with technical colleagues / electrical engineers- strong technical literacy
- You are adaptable – growth means fast-pace and constant change, you handle uncertainty with a positive, solution-oriented attitude
- Comfortable managing and working with 3rd parties or contractors.
- Basic IT Skills
- Valid full UK driving license
- Good level of IT literacy
- Knowledge of IT Networking would be beneficial
WORKING AT ZENOBE
We’re passionate about sustainability and are proud to offer Team Zenobē a pioneering and collaborative working environment. We encourage our people to take ownership of their career progression and celebrate those that can think outside the box.
If you’d like to join our community of likeminded people hit the apply button now, we’d love to hear from you!
WHAT WE OFFER
Charge your career at Zenobē and receive
- Up to 20% annual bonus for being awesome
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance, for you and the family
- £1500 training budget per year, to ensure you grow as we do
- EV Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Pension scheme, up to 8% matched contributions
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cash back health plan
- Plus more
Lots of our people work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexitime and hybrid working. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but please talk to us about the flexibility you need and let’s see how we can make it work.
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our people are our strongest asset and the key determinant of our success, and we value a range of skillsets and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. We work to provide equal opportunities and an inclusive work environment, where everyone is fairly treated in the application process and through their career at Zenobē. If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Zenobē, please let us know when you apply.