Our goal is to make clean power accessible, to accelerate the shift to zero carbon power and transport.
We’re building and operating the world’s most sophisticated battery systems to enable the uptake of more renewable power and accelerating fleet electrification, de-risking the transition to zero-emission transport at scale. We’ve been consistently innovative since we were founded in 2017, achieving major industry firsts and using proprietary software and data analysis to optimise operational performance for our customers. At the end of their life, we repurpose electric vehicle batteries to provide clean power at depots, on construction sites and film sets.
Today we have 430 MW of grid scale battery storage operational and under construction and are the largest owner and operator of EV buses in the UK, Australia and New Zealand, supporting over 1,000 electric vehicles worldwide. In our first five years we have raised nearly £1.8 billion in funding and have expanded into other markets such as the US. Our rapidly growing company is looking for highly talented and motivated people to join us.
As part of the continuous scale up of the business, we are looking for a commercially and technically astute Development Project Manager to lead the development of some of the largest battery energy storage projects in Europe through to FID. The candidate will bring a good understanding of land and planning, grid, procurement, commercial, project management, due diligence, and have the engineering capability and credibility to manage projects through development phase. The role will suit someone with experience of renewable energy projects, ideally battery energy storage proven experience working on energy projects during the development phase. The role includes liaising with third parties and managing contractors and other external stakeholders. It will be a requirement to hit the ground running and to be comfortable operating at a rapid pace and delivering against key metrics of safety, cost and schedule performance.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Overall responsibility for development projects following handover from the concept phase through to financial close, in line with company expectations on cost, time and risk management.
- Working closely with the land, planning and engineering teams to co-ordinate and ensure that land agreements, planning permissions and grid connections are obtained which best meet the project requirements.
- Support the procurement team on tender processes including the creation and development of ITT documentation, tender reviews and subsequent contract negotiations.
- Produce and keep updated project management files and trackers including budget sheets, programmes, risk register, action logs etc.
- Lead the project through the stage gate process, receiving the development from early stage development teams and handing the project across to the delivery teams upon financial close.
- Secure, co-ordinate and manage internal and external resource in order to complete the required actions to progress the project through the development process.
- Management of matrix structured project development team built up of internal stakeholders within the business. Assigning tasks, actions and ensuring the completion of these in appropriate timescales. Leading weekly and monthly project team meetings and developing a strong team ethos.
- Visit sites, meet landowners, attend external meetings and community engagement events as required.
- Be familiar with the techno-economic model development process for creating and updating the project business case and financial models.
- Compile information, create and present reports to management and board level including investment committee’s.
- Support the development of project CAPEX budgets and then own and control the budget and expenditure on development activities up to final investment decision.
- Build and continually improve processes associated with the role.
- Manage and lead the due diligence process in order to secure project financing.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We realise that certain groups of people are less likely to apply for a role if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. To be absolutely clear: if you like the look of this job and think you could do it well, we encourage you to apply with a CV that highlights your transferable skills and experience. Above all, Zenobē is looking for collaborative, flexible, empathetic people who are interested in creating and promoting practical routes to a zero carbon world.
- Experience managing and driving the delivery of the development on large-scale multi million GBP infrastructure projects.
- Strong analytical skills with a structured and proactive approach to working.
- A proven ability to balance conflicting requirements on schedule, costs and technical matters.
- Ability to persuade, challenge and build credibility at all levels across functions of the business.
- Project and proposal management.
- Project controls management including scheduling, cost control, risk management etc.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel) and MS Project.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong planning, risk management and organisational skills, team player.
- Pragmatic, proactive and solution driven.
- Strong commercial skills – comfortable with legal contracts and project finance.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of presenting project updates.
- Experience of managing projects through the construction and commissioning phases.
- Strong stakeholder and contractor management skills.
- Knowledge of renewable energy project development activities.
- A genuine passion in clean energy and our social and environmental mission.
- Solid work experience (minimum 5 years) in the energy sector preferably in energy storage or renewables sectors.
- Strong team-player with good interpersonal, Excellent communication skills, capable of presenting technical results and implications.
- Strong organisation skills, team player and good attention to detail.
- Solutions oriented who is not afraid to take responsibility and accountability.
- Ability to manage and motivate people.
- Desire to work in a fast moving, high pressure and entrepreneurial environment.
- UK Driving License
- Previous working experience on battery energy storage systems.
- Engineering degree or similar.
- Project Management Qualification.
WORKING AT ZENOBE
We’re passionate about sustainability and are proud to offer Team Zenobē a pioneering and collaborative working environment. We encourage our people to take ownership of their career progression and celebrate those that can think outside the box.
If you’d like to join our community of likeminded people hit the apply button now, we’d love to hear from you!
WHAT WE OFFER
Charge your career at Zenobē and receive
- Up to 20% annual bonus for being awesome
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance, for you and the family
- £1500 training budget per year, to ensure you grow as we do
- EV Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Pension scheme, up to 8% matched contributions
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cash back health plan
- Plus more
Lots of our people work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexitime and hybrid working. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but please talk to us about the flexibility you need and let’s see how we can make it work.
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our people are our strongest asset and the key determinant of our success, and we value a range of skillsets and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. We work to provide equal opportunities and an inclusive work environment, where everyone is fairly treated in the application process and through their career at Zenobē. If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Zenobē, please let us know when you apply.