Our goal is to make clean power accessible, to accelerate the shift to zero carbon power and transport.
We’re building and operating the world’s most sophisticated battery systems to enable the uptake of more renewable power and accelerating fleet electrification, de-risking the transition to zero-emission transport at scale. We’ve been consistently innovative since we were founded in 2017, achieving major industry firsts and using proprietary software and data analysis to optimise operational performance for our customers. At the end of their life, we repurpose electric vehicle batteries to provide clean power at depots, on construction sites and film sets.
Today we have 430 MW of grid scale battery storage operational and under construction and are the largest owner and operator of EV buses in the UK, Australia and New Zealand, supporting over 1,000 electric vehicles worldwide. In our first five years we have raised nearly £1.8 billion in funding and have expanded into other markets such as the US. Our rapidly growing company is looking for highly talented and motivated people to join us.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to apply their skills to the delivery of turnkey infrastructure construction projects for a period of 3-6 months. The role will report into the Head of EV Projects and will work closely with the Technical Sales and client teams. In our rapidly growing company, we are looking for adaptable, highly motivated, and talented leaders who will play an instrumental role in the businesses continues growth.
We have 2 positions, one to be based around the Midlands area and the other to cover our London/Southern sites.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Work closely with the Senior Project Managers to deliver to project measures of success
- Provide escalation on project matters
- Lead projects from development and sales handover to client and O&M handover
- Responsible for project construction, commissioning incl. day-to-day project management
- Responsible for ensuring that all Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to
- Ensure projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget and to the agreed design
- Review all project documents and information provided by a client/sub-contractor throughout the design process
- Manages and supervises subcontractors’ PoW and scope
- Ensure appropriate availability and allocation of resources as well as prepare weekly, and monthly progress reports both internally and for clients
- Capture and report on any budget variations internally
- Responsible for the handover of the project to the internal O&M team
- Asses tender submissions and with a view of finding additional value if possible
- Identify opportunities to improve best practices within the organisation
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We realise that certain groups of people are less likely to apply for a role if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. To be absolutely clear: if you like the look of this job and think you could do it well, we encourage you to apply with a CV that highlights your transferable skills and experience. Above all, Zenobē is looking for collaborative, flexible, empathetic people who are interested in creating and promoting practical routes to a zero carbon world.
- Experience of delivering infrastructure construction projects
- A desire to work in the renewable energy and green energy sector
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel) and MS Project
- Demonstrable experience of contract administration including NEC3 / JCT
- Demonstrable experience of managing complex stakeholder environments.
- Fluency in English is essential
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Pragmatic, proactive and solution driven
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong knowledge of H&S and Environmental regulations for design and construction, Quality standards and industry best practice; including working understanding of CDM 2015
- Ability to be flexible with working locations which will be a combination of working from home, the office in London and your project location
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Previous experience working with electric vehicle charging infrastructure
- Formal electrical qualifications
- Formal project management training or qualification
- Experience delivering low voltage networks
- Experience delivering network systems
- Previous experience working alongside Civil & Electrical Engineering Contractors
- Previous experience in a client-facing role
- Corporate Health and Safety Management (IOSH)
- Mandatory SMSTS ticket
WORKING AT ZENOBE
We’re passionate about sustainability and are proud to offer Team Zenobē a pioneering and collaborative working environment. We encourage our people to take ownership of their career progression and celebrate those that can think outside the box.
If you’d like to join our community of likeminded people hit the apply button now, we’d love to hear from you!
WHAT WE OFFER
Charge your career at Zenobē and receive
- Up to 20% annual bonus for being awesome
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays per year
- Private Medical Insurance, for you and the family
- £1500 training budget per year, to ensure you grow as we do
- Pension scheme, up to 8% matched contributions
- Cash back health plan
- Plus more
Lots of our people work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexitime and hybrid working. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but please talk to us about the flexibility you need and let’s see how we can make it work.
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our people are our strongest asset and the key determinant of our success, and we value a range of skillsets and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. We work to provide equal opportunities and an inclusive work environment, where everyone is fairly treated in the application process and through their career at Zenobē. If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Zenobē, please let us know when you apply.