Our goal is to make clean power accessible, to accelerate the shift to zero carbon power and transport.
We’re building and operating the world’s most sophisticated battery systems to enable the uptake of more renewable power and accelerating fleet electrification, de-risking the transition to zero-emission transport at scale. We’ve been consistently innovative since we were founded in 2017, achieving major industry firsts and using proprietary software and data analysis to optimise operational performance for our customers. At the end of their life, we repurpose electric vehicle batteries to provide clean power at depots, on construction sites and film sets.
Today we have 430 MW of grid scale battery storage operational and under construction and are the largest owner and operator of EV buses in the UK, Australia and New Zealand, supporting over 1,000 electric vehicles worldwide. In our first five years we have raised nearly £1.8 billion in funding and have expanded into other markets such as the US. Our rapidly growing company is looking for highly talented and motivated people to join us.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Clerk of Works / Site Agent to apply their skills to the delivery of turnkey HV/LV electrical vehicle infrastructure construction projects.
The role will report directly to our Senior Project Manager - EV and will work closely with the Delivery Projects Team, Technical Sales, Product, Operations and client teams.
Successful candidates will be able to quickly establish themselves as the single POC for all site works whilst working with and monitoring the principal contractor & other subcontractors construction activities to achieve the required project delivery objectives, standards of quality and maintaining health and safety, quality & environmental requirements.
They will work closely with the Senior PM or PM to monitor and maintain client relations and ensure project measures of success are met.
This role will be 100% site based, possibly split between multiple sites around the UK.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Assume overall responsibility for the successful delivery of the project on site.
- Monitor the Principal contractor (PC) and other contractors to ensure they work safely and without environmental incidents and IAW CDM 2015 and all relevant HS&E policies
- Inspect & monitor all aspects of construction work on a day-to-day basis / as needed
- Escalate defects and non-conformances
- Monitor the PC and other contractors to ensure the implementation of Project Plans, RAMS, ITP’s, waste management plans and the like IAW Zenobe and legislative requirements
- Keep detailed records of work, issues and activities on site
- Work with the SPM/PM to produce progress reports & lookaheads
- Monitor for change control.
- Problem solving & facilitation
- Client interfacing
- Multi-site attendance around the UK
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- Relevant experience of delivering (electrical) infrastructure construction projects
- Ability to interpret civil, mechanical and electrical engineering/drawings and standards
- Excellent knowledge of CDM2015, H&S and Environmental regulations, design and construction, Quality standards and industry best practice,
- Relevant H&S training (CSCS, SMSTS or similar)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Commercial & contract experienced (NEC3/4, JCT, FIDIC and the like)
- Pragmatic, proactive and solution driven
- Ability to work under pressure
- A desire to work in the renewable energy and green energy sector
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in English is essential
- Ability to be flexible with working locations around the UK
- Previous experience in a client-facing role
- Full UK Driving License
Desirable but non-essential skills:
- Previous experience working with electric vehicle charging infrastructure or similar
- Experience delivering HV/LV networks
- Experience with managing DNO/iDNO /ICP
- Project management
WHAT WE OFFER
Charge your career at Zenobē and receive
- Up to 20% annual bonus for being awesome
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance, for you and the family
- £1500 training budget per year, to ensure you grow as we do
- EV Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Pension scheme, up to 8% matched contributions
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cash back health plan
- Plus more
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Zenobe is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership pregnancy /maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, political beliefs and sexual orientation. Our culture values meritocracy, openness, fairness, and transparency.