Commercial Development Associate
A competitive remuneration package is available, based on quality and range of experience.
Our goal is to make clean power accessible, to accelerate the shift to zero carbon power and transport.
We’re building and operating the world’s most sophisticated battery systems to enable the uptake of more renewable power and accelerating fleet electrification, de-risking the transition to zero-emission transport at scale. We’ve been consistently innovative since we were founded in 2017, achieving major industry firsts and using proprietary software and data analysis to optimise operational performance for our customers. At the end of their life, we repurpose electric vehicle batteries to provide clean power at depots, on construction sites and film sets.
Today we have 430 MW of grid scale battery storage operational and under construction and are the largest owner and operator of EV buses in the UK, Australia and New Zealand, supporting over 1,000 electric vehicles worldwide. In our first five years we have raised nearly $2.3 billion in funding and have expanded into markets such as the US where we intend to develop 2GW of battery storage by 2030 and support the decarbonisation of large fleets. Our rapidly growing company is looking for highly talented and motivated people to join us.
As we expand into the North American markets, we are looking for a Commercial Development Associate to support Zenobē’s commercial value proposition. The Commercial Development Associate will support business development activities as necessary to achieve commercial success with fleet customers under Zenobē’s turnkey electrification offering. As a Commercial Development Associate you will be responsible for commercial functions such as pricing, contracting, strategy, program development, and proposal creation. You will be working in the ‘deal team’ which actively supports business development as well as cross-functionally across the organization to better support the commercial offering and by extension Zenobē’s customer base. It is essential that you are comfortable engaging across numerous stakeholders (internal and external), that you welcome collaboration and building (teams, processes, etc.), and that you can be self-directed when need
This is a unique opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment, building a new business in a fast-growing and rapidly-evolving sector (“start-up within a start-up”). At the same time, you will have the support from a company with over 240 team members that has a wide range of contracting, financing, procurement and operational experience gained to date from over 1,000 contracted e-buses worldwide. Self-starters’ and candidates able to thrive in a dynamic environment are desired as Zenobē intends to leverage its significant capabilities for growth in the North American markets.
A BIT ABOUT THE DAY TO DAY
- Working with Business Development to create, enhance, and deliver customer proposals factoring in inputs from Technical Sales, Grants, and other support groups to deliver and expand Zenobē value proposition
- Work closely with Corporate Finance team to underwrite and model pricing as necessary to support Investment Committee recommendations and approval process(es)
- Work with Product and Delivery teams in support of business development efforts and to ensure best-in-class customer experience
- Critical support for strategy development across North America factoring in grants, policy and mandates, grid service programming, carbon credits, and other commercial trends toward decarbonization
- Support marketing efforts including messaging, design, pitch materials, and similar
- Work within a tight-nit team of people across Technical Sales, Product, Operations / Asset Management, Legal, Finance, and HR
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the commercial delivery process which integrates service model, technology, pricing, grants, utilities, supply chain, EPC, and customer onboarding
- Support ‘deal team’ work at Zenobē North America by overseeing commercial proposals, pricing, and structuring as necessary to support business development
- Drive commercial workflow between Zenobē and its partners from origination to post-award execution and support
- Maintain and support existing client relationships to ensure customer loyalty, long-term satisfaction, and promote organic commercial growth
- Support lead generation and marketing activities from Business Development and Marketing. Further, oversee integration of sales, business development, and commercial efforts into business and operational support systems (i.e. CRM, ERP, etc.) as Zenobē builds in North America
- Project manage deal flow and provide necessary diligence support on opportunities necessary for underwriting and business requirements
- Advise management on short-term and long-term strategic objectives, policies, and actions
- Interface with Investment Committee partners for structuring calls, deal reviews, and other reporting requirements as necessitated by shareholders and internal management
- Support alignment through collaboration with business development, corporate finance, and product teams across the organization
- Fluency in English to business-level is mandatory
- A bachelor’s degree is required—ideally with discipline in financing, accounting, business, or engineering (though not mandatory)
- Familiarity with finance, engineering, and/or related fields to decarbonization and vehicle electrification strongly preferred
- Strong written or oral communication skills
- Strength in applications such as MS Suite, Salesforce, and others is strongly desired
- Ability to be self-directed and motivated, comfortable with problem-solving and perseverance given the dynamic ‘start up’ environment
- General understanding of fleet electrification [e.g. charge management, utilities, EVSE providers, OEMs, grant programs, etc.] is preferred
- Passion for or strong interest in decarbonization and/or electrification
We have an open, honest and trusting culture here at Zenobe. Apart from the unparalled opportunity to be at the forefront of the Net Zero revolution we are proud of the culture we have built. Here is what we can offer when you join the Zenobe community;
- At Zenobe we all work hard and go the extra mile so it’s important to rest and regenerate with 20 days holiday which increases after 5 years’ service
- 401k Scheme – Up to 4% matching
- Excellent opportunities for personal growth and responsibility plus a training budget
- 20% performance related bonus
- Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance/ Reimbursement Plan
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Zenobe is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership pregnancy /maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, political beliefs and sexual orientation. Our culture values meritocracy, openness, fairness, and transparency.