VP, Commercial Development
A competitive remuneration package is available, based on quality and range of experience.
Our goal is to make clean power accessible, to accelerate the shift to zero carbon power and transport.
We’re building and operating the world’s most sophisticated battery systems to enable the uptake of more renewable power and accelerating fleet electrification, de-risking the transition to zero-emission transport at scale. We’ve been consistently innovative since we were founded in 2017, achieving major industry firsts and using proprietary software and data analysis to optimise operational performance for our customers. At the end of their life, we repurpose electric vehicle batteries to provide clean power at depots, on construction sites and film sets.
Today we have 430 MW of grid scale battery storage operational and under construction and are the largest owner and operator of EV buses in the UK, Australia and New Zealand, supporting over 1,000 electric vehicles worldwide. In our first five years we have raised nearly $2.3 billion in funding and have expanded into markets such as the US where we intend to develop 2GW of battery storage by 2030 and support the decarbonisation of large fleets. Our rapidly growing company is looking for highly talented and motivated people to join us.
As we expand into the North American markets, we are looking for an experienced leader in the industry to serve a Vice President, Commercial Development. This role in imperative to maximizing Zenobē’s commercial value proposition to commercial fleet customers. The VP of Commercial Development will initially support major strategic fleet customers with Zenobē’s turnkey electrification offering but will also be responsible to support other commercial functions such as pricing, contracting, strategy, program development, and others. You will be working cross-functionally across the organization to better serve the commercial offering and Zenobē’s customer base while actively support business development efforts for new opportunities. It is essential that you are experienced in managing numerous stakeholders (internal and external), that you welcome collaboration and building (teams, processes, etc.), and that you are comfortable representing a growing organization at a high level.
This is a unique opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment, building a new business in a fast-growing and rapidly-evolving sector (“start-up within a start-up”). At the same time, you will have the support from a company with over 240 team members that has a wide range of contracting, financing, procurement and operational experience gained to date from over 1,000 contracted e-buses worldwide. Self-starters’ and candidates able to thrive in a dynamic environment are desired as Zenobē intends to leverage its significant capabilities for growth in the North American markets.
A BIT ABOUT THE DAY TO DAY
- Support and help build in Zenobē’s strategic planning process across numerous internal and external stakeholders
- Establish standards of practice and protocols to drive sales through the commercial delivery process which integrates service model, technology, pricing, grants, utilities, supply chain, EPC, and customer onboarding
- Lead ‘deal team’ at Zenobē North America by actively overseeing commercial proposals, pricing, and structuring as necessary to support business development
- Create comprehensive commercial workflow between Zenobē and its partners from origination to post-award execution and support
- Maintain and support existing client relationships to ensure customer loyalty, long-term satisfaction, and promote organic commercial growth
- Develop and implement commercial partnership channel strategies for business growth and risk identification / mitigation
- Oversee integration of sales, business development, and commercial efforts into business and operational support systems (i.e. CRM, ERP, etc.)
- Project manage deal flow and provide necessary diligence support on opportunities necessary for underwriting and business requirements
- Develop internal policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as pricing, deal metrics (financial viability through EBITDA, EBIT, NPV, and/or payback), deal approval, customer origination and proposal approach, and channel partner engagement
- Advise management on short-term and long-term strategic objectives, policies, and actions
- Interface with Investment Committee partners for structuring calls, deal reviews, and other reporting requirements as necessitated by shareholders and internal management
- Support technology strategy and long-term alignment through collaboration with business development, corporate finance, and product teams across the organization
- Other anticipated areas of support and reach for the position include but are not limited to: forecast need and growth ensuring proper asset allocation and budgets, company performance and productivity tracking, asset and capital allocation, setting and tracking KPI’s, market and competitor penetration analysis, and organizational structuring
- Fluency in English to business-level is mandatory
- A master's degree in a related field (finance, accounting, engineering, or business-related) and/or at least five (5) years of higher education experience is preferred
- A bachelor’s degree is required—ideally with discipline in financing, accounting, business, or engineering (though not mandatory)
- At least five (5) years of experience encompassing finance, budget, commercial pricing, commercial strategy, and proposal development with at least three (3) years in a lead administrative/management position
- At least five (5) years of demonstrated experience in passenger transportation, preferably in school bus, municipal, or commercial sectors
- Experience in project finance, renewables, structuring and/or M&A a plus
- Broad understanding of fleet electrification [e.g. charge management, utilities, EVSE providers, OEMs, grant programs, etc.]
- Demonstrated strength in stakeholder management—internal and external
We have an open, honest and trusting culture here at Zenobē. Apart from the unparalled opportunity to be at the forefront of the Net Zero revolution we are proud of the culture we have built. Here is what we can offer when you join the Zenobē community;
- At Zenobē we all work hard and go the extra mile so it’s important to rest and regenerate with 20 days holiday which increases after 5 years’ service
- 401k Scheme – Up to 4% matching
- Excellent opportunities for personal growth and responsibility plus a training budget
- 20% performance related bonus
- Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance/ Reimbursement Plan
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Zenobē is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership pregnancy /maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, political beliefs and sexual orientation. Our culture values meritocracy, openness, fairness, and transparency.