Our goal is to make clean power accessible, to accelerate the shift to zero carbon power and transport.
We’re building and operating the world’s most sophisticated battery systems to enable the uptake of more renewable power and accelerating fleet electrification, de-risking the transition to zero-emission transport at scale. We’ve been consistently innovative since we were founded in 2017, achieving major industry firsts and using proprietary software and data analysis to optimise operational performance for our customers. At the end of their life, we repurpose electric vehicle batteries to provide clean power at depots, on construction sites and film sets.
Today we have 430 MW of grid scale battery storage operational and under construction and are the largest owner and operator of EV buses in the UK, Australia and New Zealand, supporting over 1,000 electric vehicles worldwide. In our first five years we have raised nearly £1.8 billion in funding and have expanded into other markets such as the US. Our rapidly growing company is looking for highly talented and motivated people to join us.
We’re looking for a well-rounded business development professional with experience in the battery storage market to support the growth of the Network & Infrastructure business. You will bring a good understanding of electricity markets and battery storage applications, have a proven experience of working with relevant customers, and have the capability and credibility to develop projects. Working with the Directors and other members of the BD team, you will manage the day to day aspects of the sales and project development process from origination to contract closure and successfully manage tenders, whilst building relationships with various stakeholders inclusive of land agents, planning consultants, transmission operators, technical advisors and consultants to identify new opportunities within the market. The role integrates with team members in finance, legal, engineering and construction to put together complex, high-value business cases or bids, and negotiate contracts. It will be a requirement to hit the ground running and to be comfortable operating at a rapid pace at times with high levels of ambiguity and the pressure of deadlines.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Leading origination and working on the development of transmission and distribution level large scale energy storage projects as well as battery propositions to other major infrastructure sectors to build solutions which can be scaled across one or more networks.
- Developing compelling sites and managing the relationships throughout the development stage
- Identifying and securing strategic grid connections in line with the business strategy
- Managing land agents to secure attractive land deals nearby key connection points
- Managing and supporting the planning consultants to secure planning consents for key sites
- Identifying and evaluating greenfield or brownfield fully developed project opportunities and managing the acquisition process
- Supporting the closure of deals
- Supporting day-to-day activities of project management through to construction stages
- Identifying and developing new opportunities in strategic markets
- Liaising with local partners and local team in strategic markets to develop compelling propositions
- Working with the wider team to build financial models for potential projects
- Understanding the impact of regulatory requirements and various applications (trading, ancillary services, balancing mechanism) on each project’s and client’s business case
- Building accurate proposals to submit into tenders
- Developing sales and marketing materials, speaking at and attending conferences as appropriate
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- High quality education (bachelor’s degree or masters)
- A genuine passion in clean energy and our social and environmental mission
- Solid work experience (4-8 years) in commercial / project development in the energy sector (B2B) preferably in energy storage or renewables sectors
- Ability and experience in securing land for renewable energy developments
- Experience in state and local government planning approvals, permits & permissions
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the transmission and distribution grid connection process for renewable energy assets including large scale battery storage
- Strong understanding of the economics, revenue stacks and contracting options of battery storage assets including relevant grid connection costs
- Strong commercial skills – comfortable with legal contracts and negotiations
- Excellent communication skills, capable of presenting project development opportunities
- Strong organisation skills, team player and good attention to detail
- Good understand of project finance requirements
- Knowledge of the Australian energy landscape and network
- Desire to work in a fast moving, high pressure and entrepreneurial environment
- Results orientated and confident in taking accountability of projects
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We realise that certain groups of people are less likely to apply for a role if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. To be absolutely clear: if you like the look of this job and think you could do it well, we encourage you to apply with a CV that highlights your transferable skills and experience. Above all, Zenobē is looking for collaborative, flexible, empathetic people who are interested in creating and promoting practical routes to a zero carbon world.
Charge your career at Zenobē and receive
- Up to 20% annual bonus for being awesome
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance, for you and the family
- $2600 training budget per year, to ensure you grow as we do
- Hybrid work model including a mix of office and WFH
- Plus more
WORKING AT ZENOBE
We’re passionate about sustainability and are proud to offer Team Zenobē a pioneering and collaborative working environment. We encourage our people to take ownership of their career progression and celebrate those that can think outside the box.
If you’d like to join our community of likeminded people hit the apply button now, we’d love to hear from you!
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our people are our strongest asset and the key determinant of our success, and we value a range of skillsets and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. We work to provide equal opportunities and an inclusive work environment, where everyone is fairly treated in the application process and through their career at Zenobē. If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Zenobē, please let us know when you apply.
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer and commit to respond to every applicant!