Our goal is to make clean power accessible, to accelerate the shift to zero carbon power and transport.
We’re building and operating the world’s most sophisticated battery systems to enable the uptake of more renewable power and accelerating fleet electrification, de-risking the transition to zero-emission transport at scale. We’ve been consistently innovative since we were founded in 2017, achieving major industry firsts and using proprietary software and data analysis to optimise operational performance for our customers. At the end of their life, we repurpose electric vehicle batteries to provide clean power at depots, on construction sites and film sets.
Today we have 430 MW of grid scale battery storage operational and under construction and are the largest owner and operator of EV buses in the UK, Australia and New Zealand, supporting over 1,000 electric vehicles worldwide. In our first five years we have raised nearly £1.8 billion in funding and have expanded into other markets such as the US. Our rapidly growing company is looking for highly talented and motivated people to join us.
We are looking for a highly skilled IT Technician with a passion for ensuring the smooth operation of network infrastructure. In this role, you will lead the design, configuration, and maintenance of our network systems to guarantee seamless functionality. You will act as a second-line support resource, swiftly addressing network issues and providing efficient solutions. Additionally, you will play a crucial role in managing asset information, maintaining accurate inventory records, and working with suppliers to uphold strong relationships. Your responsibilities will also include preparing network equipment, handling warranty processes, and overseeing SIM card assets. Furthermore, you'll be a vital part of our team, ensuring the network infrastructure's comprehensive documentation and configuration. Your dedication to enforcing company policies, particularly ISO standards, and your ability to mentor junior team members will be essential. If you possess a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, and competency in network-related knowledge, we encourage you to join us. While not essential, experience with MikroTik hardware, Cisco CCNA/Network+ qualifications, and expertise in cabling and project management is highly desirable. Your contributions will play a key role in maintaining our network's efficiency and reliability.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Lead the design, configuration, and maintenance of our network infrastructure to ensure seamless operations.
- Act as a second-line support resource, promptly addressing network issues and finding efficient solutions.
- React swiftly to resolve operational challenges, documenting issues and solutions for review by the Ops management team and other relevant departments.
- Oversee the receipt of IT equipment deliveries, manage asset information input into our system, and ensure accurate inventory records.
- Assemble data cabinets precisely as per the Single Line Diagram (SLD) specifications.
- Preparation of all network equipment labelling.
- Working with our suppliers to maintain relationships.
- Working in line with the company’s change management processes.
- Raising of Purchase Orders for equipment when stock is running low.
- Pre-Commissioning of telematics devices ahead of deployment.
- Manage the warranty process for all IT equipment, from returns to replacements.
- Management and tracking of our SIM Card assets.
- Pre-Commissioning of chargers, meters and other IT Equipment prior to issuing it to the site.
- Be prepared to work occasional unsociable hours when required for system maintenance or incident response.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation and configurations of the networking infrastructure.
- Follow our site completion checklist diligently to facilitate smooth handovers to the Operations Team.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We realise that certain groups of people are less likely to apply for a role if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. To be absolutely clear: if you like the look of this job and think you could do it well, we encourage you to apply with a CV that highlights your transferable skills and experience. Above all, Zenobē is looking for collaborative, flexible, empathetic people who are interested in creating and promoting practical routes to a zero carbon world.
- Demonstrated competency as an IT Technician with a strong foundation in hardware repair and maintenance.
- Attention to detail and take pride in the visual aesthetics of their work.
- Someone who thinks a good-looking data cabinet is the best thing since sliced bread.
- Extensive experience in effectively troubleshooting network issues and managing incidents.
- Proven hands-on experience in installing and maintaining a variety of network equipment.
- A dedicated commitment to complying with and enforcing company policies, particularly ISO9001, ISO14001, and ISO27001.
- The ability to provide training and mentorship to junior team members.
- A strong work ethic, capable of delivering results with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in communication, both verbally and in written form, for effective team collaboration.
- Competency in reading and annotating schematics, Single Line Diagrams (SLDs), and a sound understanding of Network Topology
- Knowledge of RAMS, PTW, and up-to-date Health and Safety legislation.
- Proven ability to manage subcontractors effectively to achieve project goals.
- Valid full UK driving license for occasional travel requirements.
Desirable but non-essential skills:
- Experience with MikroTik hardware and Cloud Hosted Routers.
- MikroTik Certificate MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCSWE.
- Holding a CCNA/Network+ qualification would be advantageous.
- City & Guilds 3668-02 Principles of Communications & Structured Cabling Full Award with Units 201, 202, and 203.
- Knowledge and experience related to cabling and physical network infrastructure.
- Familiarity with cellular networks and the configuration of LTE devices.
- Experience in managing network-related projects, including planning, execution, and monitoring.
WORKING AT ZENOBE
We’re passionate about sustainability and are proud to offer Team Zenobē a pioneering and collaborative working environment. We encourage our people to take ownership of their career progression and celebrate those that can think outside the box.
If you’d like to join our community of likeminded people hit the apply button now, we’d love to hear from you!
WHAT WE OFFER
Charge your career at Zenobē and receive
- Up to 20% annual bonus for being awesome
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance, for you and the family
- £1500 training budget per year, to ensure you grow as we do
- EV Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Pension scheme, up to 8% matched contributions
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cash back health plan
- Plus more
Lots of our people work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexitime and hybrid working. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but please talk to us about the flexibility you need and let’s see how we can make it work.
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our people are our strongest asset and the key determinant of our success, and we value a range of skillsets and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. We work to provide equal opportunities and an inclusive work environment, where everyone is fairly treated in the application process and through their career at Zenobē. If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Zenobē, please let us know when you apply.