Our goal is to make clean power accessible, to accelerate the shift to zero carbon power and transport.
We’re building and operating the world’s most sophisticated battery systems to enable the uptake of more renewable power and accelerating fleet electrification, de-risking the transition to zero-emission transport at scale. We’ve been consistently innovative since we were founded in 2017, achieving major industry firsts and using proprietary software and data analysis to optimise operational performance for our customers. At the end of their life, we repurpose electric vehicle batteries to provide clean power at depots, on construction sites and film sets.
Today we have 430 MW of grid scale battery storage operational and under construction and are the largest owner and operator of EV buses in the UK, Australia and New Zealand, supporting over 1,000 electric vehicles worldwide. In our first five years we have raised nearly £1.8 billion in funding and have expanded into other markets such as the US. Our rapidly growing company is looking for highly talented and motivated people to join us.
We have an exciting opportunity for a creative individual who is electrically experienced and wants to apply their skills to the development of our electrical infrastructure projects. In our rapidly growing company, we are looking for adaptable, highly motivated, and talented individuals to join us. The chosen candidate will be given significant opportunities to develop their careers early-on, with the potential for equity participation.
The role will work as part of the Technical Sales Team, leading the early development stages of projects both from a sales and engineering perspective. The role will support the growth of our EV fleet projects and the candidate will be responsible for conducting surveys, estimating costs and designing layouts, ensuring all client requirements are achieved.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Visit current and prospective sites to carry out surveys and develop strong relationships with the client, build confidence and evaluate the work required
- Create initial project designs during the bidding phase highlighting any engineering difficulties
- Understand the selection and application of High Voltage (HV) and Low Voltage (LV) equipment
- Create project estimates
- Support the Business Development Team with commercial proposals and technical documentation
- Provide technical support when presenting to clients
- Identify opportunities to reduce project risk, project costs or project duration
- Assist in engineering technical solutions to overcome potential issues
- Liaise with Distribution Network Operators (DNO’s) by applying for capacity increases or understand any grid constraints
- Liaise with OEM’s to better understand products coming to market
- Create drawings using AutoCAD
- Identify opportunities to improve best practices within the organisation
- Help prepare Request for Tender (RfT) and Scope of Works (Sow) Documentation
- Work closely with the Delivery Team to ensure a smooth handover of all information from sales through to construction
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We realise that certain groups of people are less likely to apply for a role if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. To be absolutely clear: if you like the look of this job and think you could do it well, we encourage you to apply with a CV that highlights your transferable skills and experience. Above all, Zenobē is looking for collaborative, flexible, empathetic people who are interested in creating and promoting practical routes to a zero carbon world.
- Must have an electrically biased background, demonstrating a strong understanding of UK electrical services and installation methods, including cable and equipment sizing
- Have a solid understanding of electrical contracting and construction processes
- Proficient in conducting site surveys, developing designs, and defining scopes of work
- Experienced in cost estimating and using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- Demonstrate ability to engage with clients effectively, presenting design proposals and charging solutions
- Establish and nurture working relationships with both new and existing electrical and civil contractors to ensure projects meet high standards and provide good value
- Develop business relationships with current clients to ensure a positive customer experience
- Fully proficient in measuring and interpreting electrical drawings
- Fluency in English is imperative
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Exhibits excellent planning and organisational abilities
- Demonstrates pragmatism, proactivity, and a solution-driven mindset
- Capable of working under pressure and across multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexibility in terms of working locations, encompassing a combination of remote work, office work in London, and on-site visits to conduct surveys and estimates
- Hold a full UK Driving License
Desirable but non-essential skills:
- HV experience with a strong understanding of HV installations and equipment
- Has previous experience working for a construction M&E company
- Liaising with DNOs, IDNOs, and ICPs and understanding the new electrical connections process
- Understanding of battery systems and power electronics
- Familiarity with the CDM regulations and the responsibilities of duty holders
would be advantageous
- Prior experience in tendering processes
- Possession of a technical qualification such as an apprenticeship, HNC, HND, or a degree would be advantageous
- Knowledge of the UK EV and/or public transport and/or construction and/or energy landscape
- Experience in building bid libraries to enhance our bids in tenders on an ongoing basis
- Proficient working knowledge of AutoCAD
WORKING AT ZENOBE
We’re passionate about sustainability and are proud to offer Team Zenobē a pioneering and collaborative working environment. We encourage our people to take ownership of their career progression and celebrate those that can think outside the box.
If you’d like to join our community of likeminded people hit the apply button now, we’d love to hear from you!
WHAT WE OFFER
Charge your career at Zenobē and receive
- Up to 20% annual bonus for being awesome
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance, for you and the family
- £1500 training budget per year, to ensure you grow as we do
- EV Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Pension scheme, up to 8% matched contributions
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cash back health plan
- Plus more
Lots of our people work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexitime and hybrid working. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but please talk to us about the flexibility you need and let’s see how we can make it work.
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our people are our strongest asset and the key determinant of our success, and we value a range of skillsets and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. We work to provide equal opportunities and an inclusive work environment, where everyone is fairly treated in the application process and through their career at Zenobē. If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Zenobē, please let us know when you apply.