Our goal is to make clean power accessible, to accelerate the shift to zero carbon power and transport.
We’re building and operating the world’s most sophisticated battery systems to enable the take up of more renewable power, electrifying fleets for cleaner air, repurposing electric vehicle batteries for clean portable power and creating proprietary software and data analysis to optimise operational performance for our customers.
Today we have 425 MW of operational and under construction grid scale battery capacity and are the largest owner and operator of EV buses in the UK, Australia and New Zealand. Zenobē is expanding into other markets such as the USA. In our first five years we have raised nearly £1billion in funding and our rapidly growing company is looking for highly talented and motivated people to join us.
We are hiring for a talented Analyst focusing on Energy Systems to join our Network Infrastructure unit within the broader Commercial Analytics group. The candidate will be part of a new unit aimed at providing data-driven insights to seize business opportunities in large-scale BESS projects and extract the best possible value from Zenobē’s assets.
The Network Infrastructure Analytics unit supports the company’s business development team by building in-house knowledge and modelling capability of BESS systems. The role will involve creating bespoke numerical solutions to inform business decisions, benchmark the performance of Zenobē’s assets and gain leading market insights to seize future opportunities.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Modelling and Revenue Optimisation teams, ensuring insights are shared between different parts of the Commercial Analytics business.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate looking to build on existing analytical and programming skills, whilst also developing a deep knowledge of electricity markets and BESS technology from Zenobē’s unique standpoint of experienced large-scale BESS operator and developer.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
You will be responsible for gathering in-house knowledge and building numerical tools to support decision-making within the company’s Network Infrastructure Business Development team. A sample of the duties for the role include:
- Contribute to developing new models to simulate the operation and energy trading of BESS projects, both in the UK and new markets.
- Improve existing models (e.g., introducing new revenue streams and market structures to existing trading models).
- Analyse third-party market data and build bespoke solutions to extract insights driving business decisions.
- Engage with third-party consultants to improve in-house market and technology understanding, both for the UK and new markets (such as the US, Australia and more).
- Produce and develop data visualisation suites, user interfaces and other tools for the effective communication of the analysis results to a non-technical audience.
- Adhere to software development good practices and produce high quality documentation of the models built and the analysis produced.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We realise that certain groups of people are less likely to apply for a role if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. To be absolutely clear: if you like the look of this job and think you could do it well, we encourage you to apply with a CV that highlights your transferable skills and experience. Above all, Zenobē is looking for collaborative, flexible, empathetic people who are interested in creating and promoting practical routes to a zero-carbon world.
The ideal candidate will have a keen interest for the advancement of clean energy in the context of the energy transition, as well as for modelling of energy markets, programming and data analysis.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Degree in a relevant area such as electrical engineering, computer science, physics, or other quantitative and numerical focused degrees.
- 3+ years of experience with Python (good coding practices are a must).
- A basic understanding of DevOps tools (e.g. version control, pull requests, Python environments).
- Willingness to learn and contribute to other units within the Commercial Analytics team.
- Attention to detail and delivering high quality work on time.
- Excellent communication, numerical and analytical skills.
In addition, knowledge in one or more areas below would be of value:
- A good understanding of the UK and US electricity markets.
- Good git practices (e.g., gitflow, pull requests).
- Experience with mathematical programming (LP, MILP).
- Experience with visualisation tools such as Dash, Grafana, Streamlit.
- Project management skills and ability to effectively engage with stakeholders, managing expectations and timescales for the delivery of results.
WORKING AT ZENOBE
We’re passionate about sustainability and are proud to offer Team Zenobē a pioneering and collaborative working environment. We encourage our people to take ownership of their career progression and celebrate those that can think outside the box.
If you’d like to join our community of likeminded people hit the apply button now, we’d love to hear from you!
WHAT WE OFFER
Charge your career at Zenobē and receive
- Up to 20% annual bonus for being awesome
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance, for you and the family
- £1500 training budget per year, to ensure you grow as we do
- EV Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Pension scheme, up to 8% matched contributions
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cash back health plan
Lots of our people work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexitime and hybrid working. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but please talk to us about the flexibility you need and let’s see how we can make it work.
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our people are our strongest asset and the key determinant of our success, and we value a range of skillsets and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. We work to provide equal opportunities and an inclusive work environment, where everyone is fairly treated in the application process and through their career at Zenobē. If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Zenobē, please let us know when you apply.