Our goal is to make clean power accessible, to accelerate the shift to zero carbon power and transport.
We’re building and operating the world’s most sophisticated battery systems to enable the uptake of more renewable power and accelerating fleet electrification, de-risking the transition to zero-emission transport at scale. We’ve been consistently innovative since we were founded in 2017, achieving major industry firsts and using proprietary software and data analysis to optimise operational performance for our customers. At the end of their life, we repurpose electric vehicle batteries to provide clean power at depots, on construction sites and film sets.
Today we have 430 MW of grid scale battery storage operational and under construction and are the largest owner and operator of EV buses in the UK, Australia and New Zealand, supporting over 1,000 electric vehicles worldwide. In our first five years we have raised nearly £1.8 billion in funding and have expanded into other markets such as the US. Our rapidly growing company is looking for highly talented and motivated people to join us.
We are looking to recruit a Business Development professional, with experience in the renewable energy and battery storage market, to support the growth of the Network Infrastructure business.
The candidate will bring a good understanding of electricity markets, have proven experience of working with relevant clients, and understanding of the project development process. Working with the Network Infrastructure Director and other members of the Business Development team, the candidate will be able to support the day-to-day aspects of developing new project opportunities from origination to financial close.
The role integrates with team members in corporate finance, legal, engineering, procurement and construction to pull together complex, high-value large-scale battery projects. It will be a requirement to hit the ground running and to be comfortable operating at a rapid pace at times with high levels of ambiguity and the pressure of deadlines.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
Supporting origination and working on the development of transmission and distribution level large scale energy storage projects in GB, US and more
- Market fundamentals driving storage revenues in GB
- Analysing consultant revenue forecast and methodologies
- Understand the impact of regulatory and policy changes on storage assets
- Developing compelling propositions and competitive bids in international markets, especially ion innovative area for storage such as stability, restoration, reactive power and new constraint management services
- Developing commercial propositions and managing relationships to secure contracts
- Preparing high quality internal Investment Committee papers
- Utilising financial models with the support of finance teams
- Supporting corporate finance team to raise debt on portfolio of projects
- Monitoring and awareness around commercial, regulatory and policy development on projects
- Supporting day-to-day business case development activities of projects until the closure
- Contributing to the strategy process – including identifying opportunities to take Zenobe experience to other target markets (e.g. Europe/US/AUS)
- Liaising with international teams to support day-to-day business case development activities of projects until the closure of the deals
- Developing sales and marketing materials, speaking at and attending conferences as appropriate
- Developing strategic partnerships to support the scaling of the business
- Line management of associate in the team
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We realise that certain groups of people are less likely to apply for a role if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. To be absolutely clear: if you like the look of this job and think you could do it well, we encourage you to apply with a CV that highlights your transferable skills and experience. Above all, Zenobē is looking for collaborative, flexible, empathetic people who are interested in creating and promoting practical routes to a zero carbon world.
- High quality education (bachelor’s degree or masters) preferably in engineering, economics or finance related
- A genuine passion in clean energy and our social and environmental mission
- Solid work experience (5-10 years) in commercial / international business development in the energy sector preferably in energy storage or renewables sectors
- Strong energy market fundamentals skills and been involved in providing or analysing revenue forecasts from consultants
- Strong commercial skills – comfortable with legal contracts, drafting proposals, and project financing
- Excellent communication skills, capable of presenting financial models and sales pitches
- Experience in energy storage and renewables
- Knowledge of the US, Europe and Australia energy landscape
- Ability to work in our HQ in London 2 days a week and travel internationally
WORKING AT ZENOBE
We’re passionate about sustainability and are proud to offer Team Zenobē a pioneering and collaborative working environment. We encourage our people to take ownership of their career progression and celebrate those that can think outside the box.
If you’d like to join our community of likeminded people hit the apply button now, we’d love to hear from you!
WHAT WE OFFER
Charge your career at Zenobē and receive
- 20% annual bonus for being awesome
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance, for you and the family
- £1500 training budget per year, to ensure you grow as we do
- EV Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Pension scheme
- Plus more
Lots of our people work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexitime and hybrid working. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but please talk to us about the flexibility you need and let’s see how we can make it work.
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our people are our strongest asset and the key determinant of our success, and we value a range of skillsets and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. We work to provide equal opportunities and an inclusive work environment, where everyone is fairly treated in the application process and through their career at Zenobē. If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Zenobē, please let us know when you apply.