Our goal is to make clean power accessible, to accelerate the shift to zero carbon power and transport.
We’re building and operating the world’s most sophisticated battery systems to enable the uptake of more renewable power and accelerating fleet electrification, de-risking the transition to zero-emission transport at scale. We’ve been consistently innovative since we were founded in 2017, achieving major industry firsts and using proprietary software and data analysis to optimise operational performance for our customers. At the end of their life, we repurpose electric vehicle batteries to provide clean power at depots, on construction sites and film sets.
Today we have 430 MW of grid scale battery storage operational and under construction and are the largest owner and operator of EV buses in the UK, Australia and New Zealand, supporting over 1,000 electric vehicles worldwide. In our first five years we have raised nearly £1.8 billion in funding and have expanded into other markets such as the US. Our rapidly growing company is looking for highly talented and motivated people to join us.
Due to the company's ongoing success, we are continuing to scale on an international basis and expect our annual global procurement spend to exceed £1billion. Zenobe is looking to hire a commercially rounded Director of Procurement to spearhead the global procurement and commercial contracts team. You will be responsible for building out the department and will successfully integrate the existing colleagues within the function, providing mentoring, succession planning and resilience.
- Working as part of the senior management team reporting to the Chief Operating Officer
- Building a best-in-class procurement function headquartered in the UK but with strong local teams around the world – primarily in Australia, Benelux and the US
- Managing procurement and commercial contracts teams.
- Managing risks and resolving key commercial disputes across the portfolios.
- Ensuring Zenobe has in-depth knowledge of key market to ensure best value and practices
- Developing and executing a long-term procurement strategy in collaboration with the business
- Building and maintaining strategic frameworks and senior relationships with key suppliers.
- Negotiating high value key contracts and service agreements with suppliers
- Ensuring the execution of standards, controls, policies, procedures and performance metrics
- Working with key internal stakeholders, legal and corporate finance teams on negotiations
- Leading on business review meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, review business strategies, and identify potential cost down and improvement opportunities.
- Identifying areas for improvement and continually drive performance and business results.
- Managing the recruitment, training and supervising a team of Procurement Managers, Commercial Managers and Quantity Surveyors.
- Ensuring Zenobe maintains the highest ethical standards.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We realise that certain groups of people are less likely to apply for a role if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. To be absolutely clear: if you like the look of this job and think you could do it well, we encourage you to apply with a CV that highlights your transferable skills and experience. Above all, Zenobē is looking for motivated, collaborative, flexible, empathetic people who are interested in creating and promoting practical routes to a zero carbon world.
- 10+ years’ experience in a procurement / contract / commercial environment
- Background working within the power, renewables, e-mobility, construction or process industries.
- Experience leading and developing high performing teams.
- Strong contract negotiating capabilities in challenging supply chain conditions
- Adapts and thrives working in start-up, fast paced environment.
- RICS / Supply Chain certification required (Chartered member)
- Enthusiasm for engaging within diverse environment & cultures.
- Strong business results orientation: Ability to align Procurement agenda with broader business parameters: Excellent business intuition.
- Working knowledge of ERP applications
- Engineering background a bonus
- Higher education Masters or MBA would be desirable
WORKING AT ZENOBE
We’re passionate about sustainability and are proud to offer Team Zenobē a pioneering and collaborative working environment. We encourage our people to take ownership of their career progression and celebrate those that can think outside the box.
If you’d like to join our community of likeminded people hit the apply button now, we’d love to hear from you!
WHAT WE OFFER
Charge your career at Zenobē and receive
- Up to 20% annual bonus for being awesome
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance, for you and the family
- £1500 training budget per year, to ensure you grow as we do
- EV Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Pension scheme, up to 8% matched contributions
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cash back health plan
- Opportunity to participate in the equity growth of the business
- Plus more
Lots of our people work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexitime and hybrid working. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but please talk to us about the flexibility you need and let’s see how we can make it work.
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our people are our strongest asset and the key determinant of our success, and we value a range of skillsets and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. We work to provide equal opportunities and an inclusive work environment, where everyone is fairly treated in the application process and through their career at Zenobē. If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Zenobē, please let us know when you apply.